Click here for 2019 open class book
Print as many as you need on white paper)
If you need to pick up a open class book — there are now at Needles I, Bohl Plumbing & Heating, Nemaha Valley Museum (1- 430 Wed to Sunday), and Coming soon at the Fabric Fairy and the Extension Office.
General Rules for Nemaha County Fair Participation
1. Open Class competition for the Nemaha County Fair is open to any person regardless of age, living in Southeast Nebraska with the exception of the horses. (See Livestock Section)
- Open Class home economics and general area entries may be entered between 5:00 pm-8:00 pm on the Tuesday evening before the fair starts. Pre-entry for those who can not enter their items on Tuesday night begins July 1st at Needles I . Call Lyndsey 402 414-0261, or Connie 402 274-3339 for more information on Pre Entry.
Horticultural and Agricultural Exhibits will be entered on Thursday Morning from 8:30 am- 10: 00 am.
Livestock will be entered Wednesday evening. (See Livestock Section)
- Exhibits in the 4-H building will be open for viewing Thursday to Sunday.
- Exhibits must have been made or grown by the exhibitor. Any article entered in a previous year is ineligible to be entered a second time.
- Exhibitors will be restricted to one entry per class number. Photography-Each exhibitor is limited to a TOTAL of 12 Photos (Livestock excluded)
- *Exhibition Class- Anyone who would like to exhibit their craft without being judged or Professionals or persons owning a shop &/or earning a living (50% of income) may enter the division or classes in their line of work.. No premium will be given.
- Each Lot may have a “Best of Show” which receives a Rosette Ribbon. Exhibits must have a first place rating to be eligible.
- Items must remain on exhibit through Sunday evening, 5:00 pm; no premium money will be awarded if article or animal is removed prior to the scheduled release time. (except by consent of the open class superintendent) Open Class Premium money will be handed out on Sunday at 5:00 pm. Please remember to pick it up when you pick up your exhibits. If Premium money is not picked up on Sunday, it will be held for 1 week – after that the premium money will be forfeited.
- The Nemaha County Agricultural Society reserves the final and absolute right to interpret the rules and criteria for exhibit and will arbitrarily settle any matters that may arise.
- The Nemaha County Agricultural Society will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any exhibit item. All possible care will be exercised in the handling and display of all entries but no responsibility will be assumed for damage while on exhibit, in transit or through circumstances beyond control.
- Static Exhibits will be judged for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. All entries are judged according to a standard. Judge will determine standard.
- Ribbons will be awarded at the Livestock shows. Ribbons will be available (in place of stickers) to the other exhibitors by contacting the open class coordinator.***See Livestock division in the Open Class book for livestock rules.
Premiums per class (excluding livestock) will be as follows:
1st place/Blue – $1.25 2nd place/Red – $1.00 3rd place/White – $ .75
Each top exhibit in a Lot may receive a Rosette Ribbon – $5.00